- 8 Videos
- 1 Survey
- 1 Multimedia
- 3 Texts
- 5 PDFs
- 4 Disqus
- 5 Presentations
- 2.5 hrs
Course or Retreat Curriculum
Buy as an institution to save on cost. We will issue a discount coupon for each student you enrolled so that each person can take the course at their leisure privately or in group. Useful for chaplains, seminaries, institutions, churches, community of hope chaplains etc.
Listening changes everything. How can we listen spaciously? What is spacious listening and how can we make our ministry a powerful instrument of change? What are the components of becoming a spacious listener and how being a spacious listener we can change our clients experience of God and themselves.
What are the requirements?
- No special requirement other than a desire to listen, care for and understand the other.
What do I get from this course?
- 50 minutes of video lectures, with music, images and illustrations
- Understanding the special role of a spiritual director and ministry of listening
- Learning how a person who listen changes lives
- Learning the components of spiritual direction
- The role of silence, space and beauty
- A completion certificate from the HOBs Institute.... and more
Who can take this course?
- Anyone in healing ministry
- Anyone with an interest in spiritual direction and counseling
- Anyone who is a hospital chaplain, community of hope chaplain or clergy or others
Jos is an Episcopal Priest who is a Spiritual Director registered under Spiritual Directors International. He is a trained chaplain who has completed 8 unites of Clinical
Pastoral Education, a member of the Association of Clinical Pastoral
Education, Founder of CAMPaM Network, Member of Professional Chaplains
and teacher of CAMPaM. His course on future of chaplaincy was in the Innovation Showcase at the National
Conference of Catholic Chaplains in 2004 in Kansas City, MO. He is the founder of House Of Blessings Foundation, a retreat facilitator and teacher. He has given his retreats, classes and programs through several centers such as CASA in Scottsdale, AZ; Christus Santa Rosa Health System, San Antonio, TX, University of Texas Health Sciences, San Antonio, TX, and all over India. He has worked with Mother Theresa and her Community in India. He is the Spiritual Child of The Venerable Fr. Berchman's.